Tag Archives: candy blue

Peek at two one of one buses..finish coming sooooon!

Here is a peek at two one of one all paint vw buses coming up in the next few days.  One is custom mixed pearl blue fade with a touch of candy blue.  Tribal flames are candy pagan gold tangerine and red fade over pearl silver to gamma gold base color fade.

The second one has relatively.the same flame colors but with variations of course.  The main color however is a deep black with bright blue custom mixed blue flake/sparkle.  Veeeery cool color!

These will be ready for sale in a couple days so keep watching for your chance.

image

image

image

image

Process Shots : Blue Blazes FIRE!!

How about a rare peek at my Blue Blazes FIRE technique??

Ok…you got it! lol
STEP 1 ~ loose fire added and coated with candy blue.
wpid-2015-02-21-17.43.47.png.png
This layer is the first one and is eventually going to be more of a glow or background when subsequent layers are applied. So it is done loosely, mostly freehand with the nozzle of the airbrush tilted at a 45 degree angle, blowing towards the rear of the casting.

STEP 2 ~ Starting to add tighter, more defined fire licks.
Blue Blazess fire STEP 2
Now I begin adding tighter defined licks with a mixture of AutoAir Wicked detail White, Transparent Base and High Performance reducer.  Its almost a milky looking liquid.  2 drops of Detail Blue wicked is added to the mix when in airbrush.  I am using a Badger Sotar for this step and HotDawg stencil from FlameMasks.com to create the fire licks.

STEP 3 ~ More licks added.
Blue Blazes Fire process for 1/64th scale.  Step 3
Adding more fire licks.  Notice these licks generally are inside the confines of the first layer but do not follow it completely.  The first layer also acts as a “road map” of where the fire will go on in subsequent layers..

STEP 4 ~ Fire licks of layer 2 are completed.
Blue Blazes Fire 1/64th scale technique in process - step 4
And the last of this layers fire licks are done.  Notice these licks while more defined than the previous layer, are still a bit wide and loose.  This is how each layer should progress.  Each layer becoming tighter and more defined than the last while still not following the same paths exactly.

STEP 5 ~ Erasing and defining the licks.
Blue Blazes FIRE 1/64th scale technique ~ Stewp 5
I used a trans parent black to define and “erase” unwanted licks or areas of the 2nd layer fire licks.  This should be done with care.

STEP 6 ~ 2nd Layer completed with a few coats of candy blue.
Blue Blazes FIRE 1/64th scale technique - step 6
This is the final step for the second layer of fire. Candy blue is applied in several light layers fading from dark to very light towards the front. More layers of candy are applied at the rear than the front, creating a fade in the color.
More layers will be added (usually about 5 to 6 total} after this. Each getting more and more defined than the previous layers. The final two layers should be adding a lot less new licks, but rather add to existing licks. Thise should be small areas where the fire would be the most “hot” if it were really burning. In the last couple layers, remember the old saying “Less..is MORE.”

BadBat-mobiles done and almost ready to go!!

badbat_mobile_reg_packagebadbat_mobile_reg_1


I finally got all the BadBat-mobiles completed.
There will be at least TWO available as SINGLE purchase.
These will have special clamshell packaging.
Heres a couple pics of final product.
Watch for the sale link today/tonight!!

 

Badbat Super Chase Bus peek!!

Well I just couldnt wait any longer to show this one off!  Plus I just finished up the very detailed custom chassis..lol
The bus (except the BadBat  logo on top.) Is ALL PAINT!  One of one…candy blue and pearl blue two tone with custom mixed pearl silver flames. Also you might notice the side flames are shadowed which is also hand painted. Top is same design as the regular editions but is done with custom mixed silver pearl with fade and details to tribal bat  of light charcoal. This is also the only bus in the series with vw logo on nose.

The chassis….well first it was HEAVILY POLISHED.   The large exhaust brace was chopped up leaving a much smaller realistic brace.  Notice you can see through all the way at rear of engine.  This left an unsightly gap which was filled with epoxy and molded/sanded to the contours of the transmission housing.  Looks much better!  All three exhausts were drilled out and polished.  Details abound on engine and chassis.  Plus its riding on blue chrome 5sp.wheels, with silver stripe real riders…leveled..to lowest possible height and fronts narrowed (chassis) to ride inside body.  Coming soon!

image

image

image

image