Coming up soooooon! Spectraflame Deep Blue passion/merc with two layers & colors of candy flames! Detailed base..head AND tail lights painted on..white wall RR’s!
Well I’m not quite done with it yet, but thought I’d give you a peek at the stretch merc. She has some semi ghosty tribal flames freshly designed I might add! Pearl and chrome base coats for the candy tangerine, red, to purple fade.
I have some ideas for a layer or two of candy pagan gold flames …we will see. But for now..I’ve got some pretty colors to build upon!
More soon 🙂
Sorry Dave Chang…lol..but I got the urge! It was not the easiest thing to disassemble tho.
Here is another Jada 51 Merc that got a lot of paint work! Its Candy Red and Black Cherry sides. A snake Skin pattern on the top areas with several layers of flames airbrushed on before candy color was applied. Last layers were done with Candy Pagan Gold. Sides were masked off to create the Black Cherry effect as the base color was black pearl! Detailed lights and hand polished Urethane Automotive clear for ultimate gloss. This is a One Of One that has already found a new home. Hope you enjoy the pics tho!
Heres one from the recent past…2013…I love these Jada Mercs!! This “one of one” got a little old school in the form of Scallops on the hood. AND…really nice looking True / Real Fire down the sides. The two elements blend seamlessly, even on the small 1-64th scale ride!
All hand painted, including details to lights. Fire took 6 layers of base/candy colors applications to make it look right..very deep looking!
Hand polished Urethane automotive clear makes the gloss on this one ultra smooth!
Heres a one of one from 2010, a Merc from Hot Wheels (well, ok they call it Purple Passion..lol) ..but…its definitely NOT “stock” nor is it picked fresh from the toy aisle pegs at your local WalMart!
The inside is the big mod here, to get the lowered stance you see, while still being able to roll properly with the Johnny Lightning Chrome Baby Moon wheels and thin white wall tires, which are much taller than the original HW 5pk rollers. A lot of strategic removal of material in key areas of both the inner body and interior piece, plus leveling of the newly installed stainless steel sleeved axles…seriously…its a little tricky and time consuming!
Paint…..theres another animal entirely!
After all the body work and priming was completed, AutoAir Sealer Dark was applied and the topcoats then came along starting with a Black Pearl. Next I added masking to the sides lower rear and around the top fender body line. Then a mix of pearl Silver and Alclad Chrome was used to add the base for the candy red main color. On the sides however, I used a special SnakeSkin stencil to get that scaled look. Several coats of candy red were applied after remving the side maskings and allowed to dry, then the Candy Pagan Gold flames were added in multiple layer style over the nose, top, and sides.
Detailed Headlights, two color tail lights, grill black washed, and then automotive Urethane Clear was shot on and finally it was color sanded and hand polished for the final gloss look that rivals any real size show car!
This One of One piece is one of my favorites from the past..hope you enjoy.
Heres a quick look at a reeeeeally killer led sled Ive just put together (finally). Its a 100% 49 Merc with double candied fade and flames, plus some Majik Blue Pearl licks that were shot, and remasked with a slight offset making some licks appear to have a slight highlight or shadow (depending on available light). A base of candy gold, tangerine, red, violet, to blue candy fade was used for the roof and upper side flames, which were masked and a SECOND (altho light) candy fade was applied..giving it that ‘double’ candied look.
The body received a side window post removal as its only major change (and even thats subtle!). This one was a pain however due to the ‘real’ tail and head lights used in the original version. The headlights could not be removed without destroying them, but the tail lights were saved and reapplied after MUCH (and I DO mean ALOT!) aggrevation due to their size. I actually lost one and had to steal a replacement from another stock cast..but thats ok..when I do that one, it WONT be needing the stock lights! 👿
IF I had not been so happy with the way the paint had turned out..at one point, I woulda just forgot about using the tail lights and started over, filling in/remolding the rear lights area entirely. But..eventually..they made it. Im not totally happy with how far they protrude, but, this is it, and honestly..the paint more than makes up for that!
OH..the front lights are brass brads with the heads machined down to size for the lamps to fit with a slight ‘frenched in’ look.
Here is the official store item link where you will find larger pics and of course have an opportunity to adopt this piece.