Here is a side by side comparison of a stock silverado 4×4 chassis and the one I’ve just finished for the Blue Blazes edition one of one. Smoothed and polished bumpers, grill, side steps, front and rear axles/differentials, plus hand painted blackout chassis and drilled exhaust tips. Of course the most notable mod is the custom made rear drive shaft! Old solid block style “shaft” was drilled/cut/removed and ground very smooth so as to not catch the eye. Then two holes were drilled in chassis where the drive line should attach. Stainless steel tubing was cut to length and ends beveled/polished. It was then mounted using brass rod in each end. The tension holds the shaft extremely stable but still was given a drop of epoxy for lasting results.
OK Folkes…here are the final pics of the Aged Metal RIPPED EVO GT that Ive been showing you the paint in process pics of. (CLICK HERE for WIP articles)
This thing is all paint except for the lights which are high quality metallic ink and custom made.
I also used nearly all waterbased “Wicked Color” from Createx. The only exception is intercoat and final urethane automotive clears and also alclad chrome for the base color of the metal layer prior to the aging process. I did a LOT of work with a “hairy stick” (aka paint brush..lol) on this one. Nearly all the ripped effect “ripples” shadow effects were done with wicked and auto air colors and transparent base all mixed on a pallet to achieve the right hue and transparency. The silver pearl around the edges gives a natural highlight and shadow effect which similates a freshly torn metal edge nicely. Shadows to the rips complete the look, appearing to be raised above the aged metal surface.
One OF ONE!! Hand signed on wing, incorporated into a rip.
SORRY, this one IS SOLD!!
Man I loooove how this one turned out!
Candy Red and Black Cherry two tone.
Candy Pagan Gold, Tangerine, and Red.flames..three layers of ’em on the hood and some ghosty ones down upper sides.
Riding on some dub 5 spokes up front and wider rears from the “front” of a BigTime Muscle ride. Low but with an aggressive stance…rolls great!
Polished metal front bumper along with the detailed black grill and white headlights. Also added chrome trim details to fender openings and window trim. Tail lights done with flame red and chrome. Polished and detailed exhaust tips too.
Details to interior as well.
This one of one is no longer available but hope you like the pics!!
Also, you may find the WIP/PEEK Post for this chevy interesting..Check it out!
So….here are the last wip pics. Its just gotten its last intercoat clear to seal up final details and the lights..now its in line for final clear process. Wont be long before its ready for sale! Notice the signature on wing..hand painted. In fact the only things “not” hand painted are the lights. But even those are ultra high quality metallic ink decals!
I managed to get a little more done to the rips of the Aged Metal Evo GT before all the hooplah with site issues hit me!! lol
This has nearly 100% hairy stick work for the rips details and shadows. I just thought it worked well and was able to get some airbrush like effects from some of the ripple areas. Again, I was using Transparent Base and Wicked Colors from createx. Just a few drops of all colors on a pallet, mixed as needed to get the transparency level and hue I was looking for on the given area. Im probably going to lay some intercoat clear on it to get a better idea of what its going to look like finished. Will keep ya posted!!
Here’s another process shot of the worn metal Evo GT. I did a custom mixed fade of pearl yellow to pearl orange. All wicked colors with gold pearl flake and high performance reducer used for the fade. I did the rips with hand torn strips of masking tape…gives it a really nice organic rough edge.
Heres a quick look at a reeeeeally killer led sled Ive just put together (finally). Its a 100% 49 Merc with double candied fade and flames, plus some Majik Blue Pearl licks that were shot, and remasked with a slight offset making some licks appear to have a slight highlight or shadow (depending on available light). A base of candy gold, tangerine, red, violet, to blue candy fade was used for the roof and upper side flames, which were masked and a SECOND (altho light) candy fade was applied..giving it that ‘double’ candied look.
The body received a side window post removal as its only major change (and even thats subtle!). This one was a pain however due to the ‘real’ tail and head lights used in the original version. The headlights could not be removed without destroying them, but the tail lights were saved and reapplied after MUCH (and I DO mean ALOT!) aggrevation due to their size. I actually lost one and had to steal a replacement from another stock cast..but thats ok..when I do that one, it WONT be needing the stock lights! 👿
IF I had not been so happy with the way the paint had turned out..at one point, I woulda just forgot about using the tail lights and started over, filling in/remolding the rear lights area entirely. But..eventually..they made it. Im not totally happy with how far they protrude, but, this is it, and honestly..the paint more than makes up for that!
OH..the front lights are brass brads with the heads machined down to size for the lamps to fit with a slight ‘frenched in’ look.
Here is the official store item link where you will find larger pics and of course have an opportunity to adopt this piece.